8.09.2011

Roasted Corn and Edamame Salad

I'm a big fan of packing lunch during the work week. For me, its easy. its quick. its healthy. its cheaper. and most importantly I can control what goes in it. So I am always looking for something new and different to take for lunch. So in one of my random "recipe challenges" (aka come up with something new based on what you already have in the house), I came up with this roasted corn and edamame salad. Final verdict...absolutely delicious!



Makes 4, 1 cup servings

Ingredients:
  • roasted corn (2 cups frozen, I used the Traders Joe's version))
  • shelled edamame (2 cups frozen, I used the Traders Joe's version)
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 1/2 red pepper, diced
  • salt (1/8 teaspoon)
  • pepper (1/8 teaspoon)
  • dried oregano (1/8 teaspoon)
  • olive oil
Directions:
Cook the frozen roasted corn according to the packaging. Drain and set aside in a large bowl. Cook the frozen shelled edamame according to the packaging, drain and add to the bowl with the corn. Add the diced red onion and red pepper. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Drizzle with olive oil, about 1-2 tablespoons. Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. This salad travels well and is PERFECT for a packed lunch (as you can tell from the photo below!)

2 comments: